Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wet Raindrop Mani on China Glaze Duochromes

Hello lovelies! So I've been seeing this raindrop effect thing around a lot lately, and I really wanted to try it! I don't really have any multichromes, so I'm using two China Glaze duochromes for this! Didn't turn out as impressive as I'd hoped, but I'm definitely going to try these with a black base some time~


So first, I applied two coats of China Glaze Unpredictable on my index and pinkie finger. It's a beautiful green with a blue duochrome. I used China Glaze Rare & Radiant, an old gold/green duochrome for my middle and ring finger. These are pretty thin, and I think I could've benefited from 3 coats. Shown below is two.




Beautiful shift on these, right?!? This somehow reminds me of dinosaurs and lizards hahaha. But anyway, I then went on to add a matte topcoat. I used Essie Matte About You.


Diggin the matte finish!!
Spectacular. Now for the last part, I just dropped on a few blobs of glossy top coat on each nail, and here's how it turned out!


The change in finish is very pretty, but not that noticeable unless you look up close. But nonetheless, I really enjoyed creating this, and it will definitely be something I want to try in the future as well!

What do you guys think about this "wet" look? Thank you for reading!

-Christine

1 comment:

I really do appreciate every single comment! They always make my day ;3
Just, no linking to your blogs please! Those will be deleted because I visit everyone who comments, so no need to worry (: